CAD Forum - Database of tips, tricks and utilities for AutoCAD, Inventor and other Autodesk products [www.cadforum.cz]
CZ | EN | DE
Login or
registration
  Visitors: 6437
RSS channel - CAD tips RSS tips
RSS discussions

Discussion Discussion forum

HelpCAD discussion

CAD Forum - Homepage CAD discussion forum - ask any CAD-related questions here, share your CAD knowledge on AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit and other Autodesk software with your peers from all over the world. To start a new topic, choose an appropriate forum.

Please abide by the rules of this forum.

How to post questions: register or login, go to the specific forum and click the NEW TOPIC button.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AutoCAD Blocks - Imperial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wstowe View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD, Plant 3D
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wstowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoCAD Blocks - Imperial
    Posted: 31.Jan.2024 at 20:24
Thank you for your response. I will try this when I use one in metric.

Another concern is building materials being different in other contries. I wanted to find some details specifically for the US market so it better matches what I need. One example is wall details using dimesnional lumber instead of concrete block.
philippe JOSEPH View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD Mechanical 2017
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe JOSEPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31.Jan.2024 at 17:38
I don't know if this will really help you but if you have your files setted with imperial units you can INSERT and not copy/paste files setted with metric units and the blocks will come at scale 1/1, with the good dimensions and with the indication of the metric measures when you read their properties ( Ctrl + 1 ).
wstowe View Drop Down

Using: AutoCAD, Plant 3D
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wstowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31.Jan.2024 at 16:22
Hello,

I'm trying to find US Imperial blocks but many of the ones I find here are metric. Is there a way to filter for Imperial? I'm specifically looking for 2d house designs blocks such as doors, windows, toilets, cabinets etc.

Thank You!

Related CAD tips:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic